Hey guys, it’s finally here – my first net worth post! I gained some balls from reading J$’s net worth reports over on his blog Budgets Are Sexy.
I’ve wanted to do this for a while now but I had a lot of fear going on. Publicly sharing my net worth will open me up to judgement and comparison. This is also not the norm – unless you’re used to following personal finance blogs then sharing net worths isn’t so unusual, it’s actually celebrated!
Why do this now?
As I get more serious about running this blog, I feel that I need to become more transparent with you guys. After all, how can you believe me or take my advice seriously if I’m not showing you results that I’m improving financially myself.
This is also to show you my starting point. I am not born into a rich family nor am I expecting any type of massive inheritance anytime soon. I’ve made a ton of mistakes and expect that I’ll make quite a lot more. But you’ll see that I bounce back (and will probably write you a post about said mistakes so you might avoid them).
I’m just a girl trying to make the best out of the money she’s got. (hey someone should make a song out of that xD )
By the way, since I did mention that a lot of PF bloggers share their net worths publicly, these guys are my favorite! Reading their reports over time helped me get up the courage to share mine… and work harder than ever on improving my net worth! You should go check them out!
- J$ from Budgets Are Sexy – Recently hit the half-million mark
- Alex from Cashflow Diaries – He’s serious about becoming rich, even relocating to a more affordable city to make it happen faster!
- Jordann from My Alternate Life – She lives in Halifax.
- Robb from Boomer and Echo – He’s a fellow Albertan!
- Kyle and Justin from Young and Thrifty – Another Canadian personal finance blog you should follow 🙂
And to read about more bloggers sharing their net worth, go to Rockstar Finance’s Ultimate List of Blogger Net Worth!
So on to the good stuff… [Read more…]